COFFEE & CARAMEL BROWNIES RECIPE
BY: ANDREA ALDEN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
Coffee & Caramel Brownies happened because I needed chocolate. You don’t understand. It’s not that I have a craving. It’s more like a requirement. At that moment in time, I required strong, warm, gooey, melty chocolate. So I decided to make brownies. Coffee brings out the best in chocolate 9 times out of 10, so obviously, I had to add some espresso powder to jazz things up a bit. Actually, I also added some plain greek yogurt to give these brownies even more oomph too. Then, to top everything off, I capped these brownies with a heaping helping of caramel sauce. The result? Delicious, strong, warm, gooey, melty chocolate brownies!
|200 g.||dark chocolate, chopped|
|¾ cup ||sugar|
|¼ cup||butter, melted|
|¼ cup||plain yogurt|
|1 tbsp.||instant espresso powder|
|¼ tsp.||baking soda|
|3 tbsp.||caramel syrup (ice cream topping)|
|chocolate chips and/or nuts (optional)|
1. Preheat your grill to 350°F and prepare for indirect grilling.
2. Using a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate stirring frequently. Allow the chocolate to cool for a minute or two while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
3. Whisk together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
4. Sift together the flour, espresso powder, salt, and baking soda, then add it to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
5. Fold the melted chocolate into the batter, followed by any mix in’s, like chocolate or nuts. Step 6 Pour the brownie batter into a waiting, greased, 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Drizzle the top with the 3 tbsp. of caramel topping.
6. Bake using indirect heat for 35 minutes, or until the brownies have just set and the edges are slightly crisp. It may take a little longer depending on the temperature outdoors. About halfway through, rotate the pan so that all of the edges of the brownie get some heat.
7. Serve hot or cold, however, you like them. Add fruit, whipped cream; French vanilla ice cream and more caramel topping.
Coffee & Caramel Brownies hit the spot when you want need chocolate. Exactly what the doctor ordered, and very satisfying when paired with some vanilla ice cream. What do you top your brownies with?
Bake using indirect heat
Dripping with caramel
Cows, caramel and coffee. Perfect!