GRILLED CUMBERS AND BURNT HARISSA FLATBREAD
BY: NEIL RANKIN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
Delicious cold, raw, slightly salted, dipped in soy and ginger, or just plopped in a drink; cucumbers are hugely versatile but as a grilled ingredient, they really impress. The contrasting textures after grilling gives a great mouthful and the pockets of water can become super smoky. It’s one of the more interesting vegetables to stick on a grill or in a smoker.
|2 whole|| cucumbers|
|Dried rose petals|
|5||mild red chillies|
|Jar Tahini paste|
|Burnt lemon juice|
1. Throw the garlic into the fire in some foil.
2. Grill the chilies and tomatoes until black and toast the spices. Blend or use pestle and mortar to make the Harissa.
3. Grill the onions, courgettes, cucumbers and lemons.
4. Add the lemons to the tahini and honey.
5. Grill the bread then plate everything on top.
6. Top with sauces, sumac and herbs.
A tasty and zesty vegan dish, Neil’s Grilled Cumbers and Burnt Harissa Flatbread is a fresh and healthy treat for any barbecue occasion.