LEBANESE STYLE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE
BY: ANDREA ALDEN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
Good food is easy to make and tastes great, and this Lebanese Style Lemon Chicken definitely falls into those two categories. A quick marinade and sear gives the chicken some deep BBQ flavor fast. It’s then finished in a cast iron pan with onions, garlic, and fresh herbs. The onions and garlic caramelize in the cast iron pan, making a great pan sauce that goes perfectly over the rice.
|1 tsp.||ground turmeric|
|salt and freshly ground pepper to taste|
Lebanese Style Lemon Chicken
|8 to 10||chicken thighs, boneless, skinless|
red onion, sliced
|2 sprigs||fresh rosemary|
|4||garlic cloves, peeled and crushed|
|wild rice for serving|
1. Juice a lemon and add the juice to a non-reactive bowl. Add the oil, turmeric, salt, and pepper, mixing well to combine. Then toss the chicken until well coated. Set aside to marinate while you prep the other ingredients, or put into the fridge and marinate until you are ready to cook dinner.
2. Zest one of the lemons and set aside the zest. Slice the lemons (removing any seeds), onions, and crush the garlic.
3. Preheat the grill to around 400°F lighting all burners and placing a cast iron frying pan directly onto the cooking grids.
4. When the grill is hot, pour the oil into the skillet and add the onions, stirring to coat. Sear the chicken thighs and sliced lemon on one side until grill marks form.
5. Add the chicken and garlic to the cast iron frying pan, nestling them amongst the onion. Pour in the chicken stock, top with grilled onion and a sprig or two of fresh rosemary. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches a temperature of about 165°F.
6. Serve your chicken straight out of the frying pan, onto a bed of wild rice. Don’t forget to add your favorite seasonal vegetable. Garnish everything with a pinch of lemon zest.
Unexpected is the name of the game with this Lebanese Style Lemon Chicken. The lemon adds a tangy aspect to the meal, which pairs perfectly with smoky barbecue flavor. This unique meal is ready in the blink of an eye.
Assemble your ingredients for the marinade
Grill the chicken and lemon using direct heat
While the chicken is grilling, cook the onion and garlic
Add the chicken and the grilled lemons
Wow, does this ever look delicious!
Serve on a bed of wild rice, with your favorite seasonal veggies