SOY MAPLE SMOKED SALMON FILETS RECIPE
BY: ANDREA ALDEN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
|½ cup||soy sauce|
|¼ cup||olive oil|
|¼ cup||Maple Syrup|
fresh ginger root, minced
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 sides||salmon, skin on|
1. Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Place salmon, skin side up onto a large baking tray or dish, add the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Fill the Napoleon Smoker Pipe with 50% soaked applewood chips, and 50% dry applewood chips. Place directly on grill burners. Preheat over to 350°F with the lid closed. Use burners under the smoker pipe.
3. Once the grill is hot, pre-grease grates with spray or oil-dampened rag.
4. Remove salmon from marinade and place skin side up directly on the grill. Allow it to cook for 15-20 minutes until grill marks form and salmon releases from grill. If the fish is sticking, allow it to cook longer.
5. Salmon is ready when the texture bounces back when pressed, and the fish is flaky.
6. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.