SUPER FLUFFY CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES RECIPE
BY: ANDREA ALDEN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
Super Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes, another take on Japanese Pancakes, these pancakes are larger than life and twice as delicious. Serve topped with maple syrup, chocolate syrup, fruit sauce, or whipped cream and you will have the best breakfast ever. Definitely only need one of these to fill the void, that’s for sure.
|2||large eggs, separated|
|1 tsp.||baking powder|
|½ cup||chocolate chips or chunks|
|2 tbsp.||coconut oil, melted|
-Ring mold or circle cookie cutter
-Heatproof bowl/casserole that will fit over the ring molds
NOTE: If using a circular ring mold, or cookie cutter that is less than 2-inches tall, fill the mold 3/4 of the way full. If you are using a ring mold that is any taller than that, fill it 1/2 way or less.
1. Preheat your grill to low, around 350°F, with a Napoleon Reversible Cast Iron Griddle on one side, over direct heat.
2. Separate the egg white and yolk into two separate bowls. In the bowl with the yolk, add the milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whisk together. Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix together.
3. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form - similar to making whipped cream - then fold the whites gently into the batter along with the chocolate chips.
4. Warm the ring mold(s) on the griddle for a minute or two before brushing the mold and the griddle generously with melted coconut oil. Pour in enough batter to fill the ring mold 1/2 way.
5. Cover the pancakes with a heatproof bowl or casserole dish and close the lid on your grill. Cook the pancakes in the ring mold until the tops start to bubble, checking every once in a while. You will want to use Napoleon Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves to move whatever you are using to cover the pancakes.
6. Now the hard part. It’s time to flip these pancakes. Use a spatula to loosen the hotcake from the griddle, then use tongs to turn the rings, with hotcake inside, over. You will want to do this in a very quick movement. You can also use the spatula to quickly do this, but you will want to flip before any batter comes out the top. Cook the other side until golden and crispy like the first side.
7. Use a knife to loosen each pancake from its ring mold, then keep the cooked pancakes warm on the warming rack while you finish cooking the rest of the pancakes. You should get 4 to 6 pancakes depending on the size of your ring mold.
8. Serve hot, with butter, maple syrup, fruit, whipped cream, and whatever else you love to put on your pancakes.
After making the delicious Japanese Hotcakes, I’ve been making all pancakes in the super fluffy format. These Super Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes are just another variation and are filled with my most favorite thing on earth; chocolate. What’s your favorite pancake filling?
Make it a full breakfast meal with added fruit and protein on the side
Drizzle (or full on pour) maple syrup on your Super Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes for the ultimate experience
Enjoy these tasty and super fluffy pancakes for the ultimate breakfast treat!