AUTUMN BAKED BRIE
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON BY ANDREA ALDEN
Autumn Baked Brie With Apples, Cinnamon, Pecans, and Cranberries was super delicious. We enjoyed it with friends on a Sunday evening, and like most of my cooking, it disappeared in minutes. Not because we're crazy, ravenous beasts with no manners, but because it was just so good. Do you have a secret recipe that is "just so good" that it disappears like that? Tell us in the comments below.
|For The Recipe:|
|1||Wheel of Brie|
|1/4 Cup||Crushed pecans (or walnuts)|
|1/4 Cup||Dried cranberries|
|1/4 Cup||Brown Sugar|
|1 Tsp.||Vanilla Extract|
|2 Tbsp.||Favorite crackers or bread for serving|
|Optional soaked maple or apple wood plank|
- Preheat your grill to about 425°F. Prepare for indirect grilling.
- If you're using a plank, soak it while you prep the topping.
- Combine the apple, pecans, cranberries, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer until the mixture thickens and the apples become soft.
- Place the cheese on the soaked plank, or a baking sheet with foil, then top the cheese with the hot apple mixture.
- Bake over indirect heat for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bulge in the middle and the sides are slightly golden.
- Serve hot, with your favorite bread, crisps, crackers or even slices of fruit. Don't forget a good drink too. Apple cider, or wine is best.