BAKED COFFEE CAKE
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON TRAEGER.COM
Get a jolt of wood-fired flavor with our Baked Coffee Cake recipe. This morning staple will get your day off and running on the right foot.
RECIPE NOTES: Use Traeger Pecan Wood Pellets for best results
|1/2 Cup||Unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tsp.||Baking soda|
|1 Cup||Sour Cream|
|1 tsp.||Ground cinnamon|
|1 1/2 tsp.||Vanilla extract|
|1/4 Cup||Brown Sugar|
|1 tbsp.||Vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp.||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tbsp.||Butter, melted|
1. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 325℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
2. Spray an 8x8 inch cake pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper then spray the parchment. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time scraping the sides of the bowl between each addition.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and vanilla.
6. Add the flour and sour cream mixtures to the sugar mixture in three parts alternating between wet and dry, scraping the bowl after each addition.
7. For the Crumble Topping: In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumble. Pour half the batter in the cake pan and sprinkle half the crumb mixture over the top. Pour in the remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
8. Place the pan directly on the grill grate and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 to 60 minutes.
9. Remove from the grill grate and let cool. Slice and serve. Enjoy!