BARBECUED BRUSCHETTA PIZZA RECIPE
BY: ANDREA ALDEN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
Barbecued pizza is the best. It’s an easy recipe that can be done on a weeknight or a treat on the weekend. But sometimes pepperoni and cheese can get boring. Why not spice things up, give things a delicious gourmet twist with this Barbecued Bruschetta Pizza Recipe? Imagine, fresh and garlicky pizza crust topped with gooey mozzarella and a mixture of fresh tomatoes, red onion, and feta. Drizzle with a little or a lot of balsamic reduction and sprinkle with herby basil for a pizza night that would do well as a fancy dinner or a delightful meal that isn’t delivery. Use a pizza stone with this easy barbecue recipe for restaurant pizza results.
|½ lb./255 g/1 package||cherry tomatoes|
|2 cloves||garlic, grated/minced|
red onion, diced
|1 tbsp.||olive oil|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 package||premade pizza dough|
|2 tbsp.||garlic oil|
|¼ cup||tomato sauce|
|½ cup||shredded mozzarella cheese|
|crumbled feta cheese|
|Shredded basil to taste|
1. The longer you can let your bruschetta mix marinate, the better the flavor will be, so before you start anything else, slice the cherry tomatoes, combine them with the garlic and red onion, stir in the olive oil and season to taste. You can set this aside in the fridge or on the counter.
2. Place the pizza stone onto the grill over direct heat, and begin preheating the grill to between 400 to 450°F.
3. While the barbecue is preheating, shred the cheese and begin rolling out the dough on a floured work surface. Once the barbecue is hot, sprinkle a pizza spatula and the pizza stone with cornmeal and lay the rolled-out dough onto the pizza stone. Brush the crust with the garlic oil.
4. Bake the dough for a few minutes, until the bottom is a little crispy. Flip the dough over and spread a layer of pizza sauce and top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake with the lid down for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Brush the crust where there isn’t sauce with any remaining garlic oil.
5. Top the pizza with the fresh bruschetta mix and top that with crumbled feta, baking until everything is hot and the crust is baked through.
6. Remove the pizza from the barbecue, leaving the stone. Allow the stone and grill to cool together.
7. Slice the pizza into portions and top with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and a sprinkling of fresh basil.
Bet you never saw this Barbecued Bruschetta Pizza Recipe coming! The best appetizer ever got together with the world’s most perfect food in a satisfying, slightly fancy, and super easy meal is a surprisingly vegetarian recipe too. How many appetizers make it into your favorite meal rotations?
Combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, and oil. Salt and pepper to taste
Roll out the dough
Top the melted mozzarella with the bruschetta mix
Add the feta
Slice and serve immediately