BLUE MARBLE BUNDT CAKE
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON BROIL KING
Stop your loved ones in their tracks with this jaw-dropping and luxurious marble cake coloured blue with butterfly pea powder. Feel free to play around with colours and flavours by substituting the powder with other fun freeze dried powders.
|For The Recipe:|
|3 Cups||(Gluten-free) All-purpose flour, plus more for dusting|
|¼ Teaspoon||Baking Soda|
|½ Teaspoon||Kosher Salt|
|2 Sticks (1 Cup)||Unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan|
|2 ½ cups||White Sugar|
|2 Teaspoons||Vanilla Extract|
|1 Cup||(Vegan) sour cream or yogurt|
|2 Tbsp.||Butterfly pea powder (blue matcha)|
|Icing sugar, for dusting|
|For BK Blue Glaze:|
|1 ½ Cups||Icing Sugar|
|3 Tbsp.||(Non-dairy) milk|
|½ Tbsp.||Butterfly pea powder (blue matcha)|
- Adjust burners to medium heat to preheat the grill to 375°F, making sure the temperature maintains constant throughout the cook.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients from flour to salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with egg beaters, cream together butter and sugar until fully combined. Do not overmix. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Sift in flour mixture and continue beating. Add in sour cream or yogurt and beat until just combined.
- Transfer half of the batter into another mixing bowl and incorporate butterfly pea powder with a spatula.
- Grease a bundt pan with an even layer of butter and dust with flour, tapping to remove any excess.
- Scoop alternating batters into the bundt pan and swirl with a skewer to create a marbled design.
- Place the bundt pan on a baking sheet and bake on the grill for an hour. Check for doneness with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it is done. Otherwise, bake for another 10 minutes.
- As the cake is baking, make the glaze. Whisk together ingredients from icing sugar to butterfly pea powder and set aside.
- Remove cake from the grill and cool for 10 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack. Let sit at room temperature until cool to touch, about 45 minutes. Pour glaze over the cake and dust with icing sugar.
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH