CLINT’S CHICKEN LOLLIES
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON BROIL KING BY CLINT (@cookinwithclint)
Impress your guests with these showstoppers and their candy apple red glaze. Careful prep will yield the best results, so take your time.
|For The Recipe:||Table header 1|
|1 Bottle||Broil King® Perfect Steak Spice Rub|
|1 Bottle||Broil King® Perfect BBQ Spice Rub|
|1 Bottle||Broil King® Perfect BBQ Sauce|
|1 Cup||Brown Sugar|
|2 lbs. (.91 kg)||Bacon THICK CUT|
- Preheat your pellet grill on MEDIUM 350°F (177°C), hit the ROAST quick-set button to get there easily.
- While your grill preheats, carefully remove all of the chicken skin, preserve it’s shape as best as possible. French and scrape the bones thoroughly pushing all of the meat to the head. Remove any tendons or small bones / cartilage without distorting the shape.
- Lightly season the drumsticks with Perfect Steak Spice. Wrap with bacon overlapping the bacon until the strip is completely wrapped around, one whole slice per drumstick. Wrap the chicken skin around the bacon covering the bacon strip tip to prevent unraveling.
- Smoke the drumsticks heads down on the cooking grids or a roasting tray (the tray helps transition the drumsticks from the kitchen to the grill and back without damage). Smoke for 1 hour at 350°F (177°C) or until the internal temperature has reached 165°F (74°C).
- While the drumsticks are smoking prepare your sauce by mixing 1 bottle of Perfect BBQ Sauce with the butter, brown sugar and ketchup. Add two tablespoons of Perfect BBQ Spice Rub to the sauce. Whisk regularly.
- Once the drumsticks are smoked dip the heads into the sauce. Completely submerge them without saucing the bone. Allow excess to drip before returning to the grill surface or grill topper.
- Return to the grill to smoke for an additional 30 minutes to candy the sauce. Remove and serve immediately.
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH