Cuban Mojo Chicken Legs
ORIGINALLY POSTED BY: JAMIE PURVIANCE ON WEBER.COM
4 - 24 hrs
|1||small jalapeño pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped|
|½ cup||packed cilantro leaves and tender stems|
|½ cup||fresh orange juice|
|¼ cup||fresh lime juice|
|¼ cup||olive oil|
|Zest of one orange|
|Zest of one lime|
|1 teaspoon||ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon||dried oregano|
|1½ teaspoon||kosher salt|
|½ teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|4||bone-in whole chicken legs, each (10 to 12 ounces)|
|Lime and orange wedges|
1. In the bowl of a food processor combine all of the marinade ingredients. Process to blend.
2. Put the chicken a large resealable plastic bag, add the marinade, and seal closed. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade evenly, then refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
3. Prepare the grill for indirect and direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
4. Lift the chicken out of the marinade, letting any excess liquid drip back in the bag. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
5. Grill the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, for 40 minutes, then move to direct medium heat. Continue to grill, with the lid closed, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken (not touching the bone) registers 165°F and the chicken is well marked, 8 to 10 minutes more, turning as needed. Remove from the grill, and rest at room temperature, indoors, for 3 to 5 minutes.