DUCK A L’ORANGE
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON BROIL KING
This tangy, savory, tender poultry dish is easy to pull off on a Broil King pellet grill. Impress your guests without the stress. Orange you glad you ended up on this recipe? It's so ducking good.
|For The Recipe:|
|For the Spanish Sauce|
|2 cups (500 g)||Diced onions, celery, carrots|
|1 Litre||Chicken stock or Duck stock|
|FOR THE ORANGE SAUCE|
|Spanish sauce base|
|Duck stock or chicken stock|
|The juice of 3 oranges|
|Orange zest of 1 orange|
- Preheat the pellet grill to 300°F (149°C).
- Break down the duck, then salt the legs with thighs attached. Set aside to cure for 30 minutes.
- Make the Spanish sauce by cooking down the onions, carrots, and celery, then add the flour once the vegetables have browned.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce to 1/3 volume, then strain out the vegetables from the sauce.
- Place the duck on the grill and smoke for up to 2 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
- While the duck is cooking, use the Spanish sauce base to make the orange sauce.
- Add the Spanish sauce base and orange juice to a skillet. Bring to a simmer and reduce the volume by 1/2.
- Reduce the temperature once the sauce has reduced in volume then mount the butter: 1/2 cup (100 g) should be perfect.
- Add thyme, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Remove the duck and sauce then serve!
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH