|2 Each||Grapefruit, Ruby Red|
|6 tbsp.||Brown Sugar, Light (1½ Tablespoon per Grapefruit Half)|
|¼ tsp.||Cinnamon, Fresh Grated|
|Rum Whipped Cream|
|2 cups||Heavy Whipping Cream|
|2 tbsp.||Powdered Sugar|
|¼ tsp.||Vanilla Extract|
|1 tbsp.||Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum|
1. Stabilize your grill at 450F. Set up for indirect cooking. (You can go direct if you like - just make sure to use a grill safe pan such as cast iron)
2. Cut the grapefruit in half (East to West). Use a paring or serrated knife and curve grapefruit around the knife to cut free each segment of fruit by tracing the inside of each segment.
3. Place 1½ Tablespoons of brown sugar on top of each prepared grapefruit half and rub the brown sugar into the segment sections. Use a microplane to grate a bit of fresh cinnamon on top of each grapefruit half.
4. Transfer the grapefruit flesh side up into a cast iron pan. Be sure to keep them level to save all of the juice, then transfer to your 450F grill and close the dome. Bake for 20 minutes. Use this time to make your whipped cream.
5. Open the dome after 20 minutes; the grapefruit should begin to look pronounced and raise up from their original level. If they look like they need a few more minutes, close the dome and allow them to cook for 2 to 3 more minutes, but do not let the residual sugar on the bottom of the ban over caramelize and burn.
6. Remove the pan from the grill and transfer the baked grapefruit to the presentation plate. Wait a few minutes for the top of the grapefruit to slightly cool then garnish each grapefruit with 2 tablespoons of rum whipped cream right before you serve. (If the grapefruit is too hot or the whipped cream sits for too long on the warm fruit, it will begin to melt and ruin the presentation - but will still be delicious.) Enjoy!
Whipped Cream Method:
1. In a mixing bowl, add the heavy cream. Using a whisk, whip until it comes to a soft peek. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and rum. Whip until fully incorporated and the whipped cream comes to a stiff peak. Reserve in the refrigerator for later use.