Drop element here!
JOETISSERIE BASKET TURKEY
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON KAMADO JOE
|For the Recipe:||Table header 1|
|2 Each||Onions, Yellow Medium to Large dice|
|2 Sprigs||Rosemary, Fresh|
|3 Each||Carrots, Medium to Large Dice|
|4||Leaves Sage, Fresh|
|4||Ribs Celery, Medium to Large Dice|
|4 Sprigs||Thyme, Fresh|
|2 Tbsp.||Butter, Unsalted (Room temperature)|
|1 Tbsp.||Lanes BBQ Brisket|
|1 Tbsp.||Lanes BBQ Honey Sriracha|
|9- 1/2 Pounds||Turkey Breast, Bone on (Spatchcocked)|
- Choose your basket setup. I used 1 flat side and 1 curved side. Secure the turkey breast in the basket. Plunge the wood chunk in the hottest portion of the coals, then install the basket, start the motor, and close the dome and have the draft door almost completely closed and kontrole tower open ¼ to ½ way.
- Pull the breast when it reaches 160 to 165. At this point the vegetables should be soft. Allow the turkey to rest for 15 minutes. Pile the vegetables on your presentation plate, slice the turkey and transfer it on top of the vegetables. Please Enjoy!
- Roughly 35 to 40 minutes into the cook take basket out, open it and add your chopped vegetables and give them a bit of seasoning. (Continue to dry baste with the Honey Sriracha Seasoning)
- Stabilize your grill a 325F. For this cook, you want to bank all the coals to the back and allot the ceramic to absorb some of the heat and energy before installing the basket with the bird. I like to use the heat of a dying fire for these cooks’ vs a fresh rising flame.
- While your grill is coming to temperature, Spatchcock the bone on turkey breast Use the method in the video to cut out the backbone or use kitchen shears to cut it out if you are more conferrable. Hit the keel bone with the knife and press down on the breast meat to ensure the breast is flattened.
- Using your hands create pockets between the skin and the breast meat. Stuff some room temperature butter under the skin. Season all sides of the bird with the brisket seasoning then follow with the honey Sriracha seasoning. Be sure to season under the skin and sneak in rosemary, sage, and thyme.
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH