JUICY LUCY BURGER RECIPE
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON KAMADO JOE BY CHEF ERIC GEPHART
This classic recipe tastes even better when served fresh from the barbecue!
|For The Recipe:||Table header 1|
|1||Avocado (quartered, sliced thin, and grilled for topping)|
|4||Burger buns (Toasted)|
|1 Tbsp.||Chipotle in Adobo|
|2 Pounds||Ground Beef|
|4||Lettuce Leaves (For Topping)|
|2 Tbsp.||Olive Oil|
|4||Red Onions (1/8th inch thick disks, grilled, for topping)|
|1/2 Cup||Shredded Cheese (For topping)|
|4 Ounces||Shredded Cheese (Semi-soft Like Pepper Jack Or Mozzarella)|
|1/2 Cup||Thousand Islands Dresing|
|1 Teaspoon||Worcestershire Sauce|
|1/2 Cup||Pickled Jalapeño (For Topping)|
|3||Basil Leaves (Rolled Tight and sliced thin)|
- Start by assembling the burger patties. Combine all the following ingredients in a chilled bowl (except the cheese). With a light hand mix but do not over mix. Make 8 each ¼ pound patties. Top 4 of the patties with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, centered. Place another Pattie on top of each cheese-topped patties and crimp the edges to trap the cheese in the center. Season the burgers with salt and pepper.
- Make your marinated tomatoes with the following ingredients and marinade for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 1 day.
- Make your burger sauce by combining the following ingredients:
- Stabilize your grill at 500°F and set up for direct cooking. Place one grill grate at the highest level of the flexible cooking rack and the other grill grate on the lower level. This will allow you to get closer to the heat or further away throughout the cook.
- Slightly oil your grill grates.
- Place the stuffed burgers on the lower grill grate and cook for 2 minutes and flip and transfer to the upper grill grate, continue to cook for another 2 minutes. Top with the shredded cheese and pickled jalapenos and close the lid and stifle the airflow a bit to really infuse the smoke flavor.
- While the cheese is melting and the dome is closed, build the burger as follows: Bottom Bun, Sauce, Marinated Tomato, Grilled Onion Disk.
- Open the draft door and Kontrol Tower, burp the grill and open the lid slowly. Top each burger with the grilled avocado slices and transfer the burgers on top of the grilled onion disk.
- Top each burger with a sauced bun top.
- Take a bite but watch out for the exploding melted cheese! Enjoy!
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH