LEMON CHICKEN PAILLARD
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON KAMADO JOE BY CHEF ERIC GEPHART
|For The Recipe:|
|2||Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (About 4-6 ounces each, DON'T GO LARGER)|
|1 Tbsp.||Lane's BBQ Cubano Rub|
|4 Tbsp.||Lemon Juice (Fresh-squeezed)|
|3 Tbsp.||Olive Oil|
|2 Cups||Salad (Dressed to your liking)|
|3 Cloves||Fresh garlic (Chopped)|
|1||Spring Fresh Rosemary (Chopped, roughly 1 Tbsp.)|
- Stabilize your grill at 550°F and set up for a direct cook.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with Lane’s BBQ Cubano Rub.
- Place each chicken breast in a Ziploc bag or between sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet of rolling pin, carefully pound the chicken breasts into a consistent thickness of roughly ¼ inch.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and olive oil, then pour it into the bag with the pounded chicken. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes (or until your grill has come to temperature), but no longer than 2 hours.
- Slightly oil your grill grates. Place the chicken, presentation side down first (the side that originally had the skin on it). Grill undisturbed for 1 ½ minutes, then rotate and place on a new spot on the grill surface to assist in a better sear and cook for 1 more minute. Flip, close the lid and continue to grill for 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temp of 160°F. Take the chicken off the grill and allow to rest for a few minutes, then transfer to the base of a plate and top with a dressed salad.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!