Drop element here!
NASHVILLE HOT TURKEY MELT
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON TRAEGER
|For the Nashville Hot Sauce:|
|1 Stick||Salted butter, room temperature|
|2 Tbsp.||Mörkbrunt socker|
|2 Tbsp.||5280 Culinary Fire Honey|
|1 Tbsp.||5280 Culinary Rub-A-Dub|
|1/4 Cup||Cayenne pepper|
|For the Recipe:|
|1||Recipe Traeger Baked Cheddar Poblano Biscuits or 8 store bought biscuits|
|As needed||Nashville hot sauce|
|2 Pound||Turkey breasts, cooked and sliced|
|8 Slices||Thick-cut Applewood bacon, cooked|
|16 Slices||Pepper Jack cheese|
|16||Bread and Butter pickle chips|
|Jalapeño jelly, for serving (optional)|
- When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 400°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine all Nashville hot sauce ingredients in small saucepan. Heat until just melted.
- Using a sheet tray or cast iron skillet, arrange melts as follows: biscuit sliced in half, Nashville hot sauce brushed onto one half, sliced turkey (warmed and brushed with more Nashville hot sauce), cooked bacon, then pepper jack cheese and top half of biscuit.
- Place the cast iron into the Traeger and bake the melts until cheese is melted and biscuits are toasted, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cast iron using heatproof gloves. Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes, and top with bread and butter pickle chips. Serve with extra Nashville hot sauce or jalapeño jelly for an extra kick. Enjoy!
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH