PASTA CARBONARA RECIPE
BY: ANDREA ALDEN & ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON.COM
Do you still have bacon ends after making homemade bacon? OR do you have a craving for bacon and don't want to make pancakes or something? Well, this classy meal is just for you. Pasta Carbonara With Homemade Bacon is the perfect way to use up leftover bacon, impress someone, and have a great pasta meal in less than an hour. Pasta Carbonara was one of those recipes that I hadn't tackled before because I thought it was too easy to screw up, so I was scared. It IS easy to mess this recipe up, but if you do it right, you are rewarded. Also. Bacon. The best part, if you have yourself a Napoleon Prestige PRO 825 Gas Grill, use the Power Burner Side Burner with the Napoleon Stainless Steel Wok for the perfect meal!
|1 lb. ||pasta, cooked al dente, use spaghetti or fettucini|
|salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste|
|2 tbsp.||olive oil|
|1 cup||bacon ends, chopped|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|1 cup||grated parmesan cheese, + for topping|
|1 tbsp.||freshly chopped Italian parsley (optional|
PRO TIP: This recipe moves fast once you get the garlic going in step 5. Have all of your ingredients prepared and by your side before starting.
1. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and set aside. Reserve some of the pasta cooking water just in case you need it - keep warm - not hot.
2. Cook the bacon in the Napoleon Stainless Steel Wok over medium-low heat. Drain it on a paper towel, but reserve a tablespoon or so of bacon fat.
3. Fry the onion in the bacon fat, over medium-low heat, until it's translucent. Add the garlic, cooking for another minute.
4. Add the pasta to the wok, tossing to warm. Remove the wok from the heat. Drizzle the pasta with the beaten egg. Using rubber-tipped tongs, toss the pasta and egg mixture. Add the parmesan cheese and continue tossing until all of the noodles are coated and creamy. If you find that you're not getting the coverage of sauce that you need, add a little of the pasta water while mixing in more cheese.
5. Serve your Pasta Carbonara immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
6. If you wish to be a little extra, butter some slices of baguette and grill them over high heat and serve with dinner.
PRO TIP: Help! My pasta went from creamy to scrambled eggs! Unfortunately, if you got that far, your recipe is toast. You either eat it like that or start again. BUT next time, make sure the noodles are hot, but your pan is completely off the heat. In fact, turn off the burner before adding the pasta and remove from heat immediately after the addition. Also, remember to use a rubber-tipped pair of tongs so that you don't have a hot pair of tongs accidentally adding extra heat.
Pasta Carbonara With Homemade Bacon, who knew you could do an insanely gourmet meal in less than an hour? Garlicky and creamy, full of yummy bacon? Who could ask for more? This recipe doesn't keep well, that is to say, that it doesn't stay creamy for long. So it's best eaten right away. Leave no leftovers.
It is best that you have all of your ingredients ready before beginning
Gentlemen. Light Your Burners!
Cook the bacon
Cook the onion and garlic
Remove from heat and toss the pasta with the egg
Serve directly out of the wok
Serve with some grilled garlic toast