ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON BY ANDREA ALDEN
Potacos. Poh-Tah-kohs. You don’t boil them or stick them in a stew, but you do bake them. This recipe takes the jacket potato and spins it, stuffing your favorite easy meal with taco stuff! Seasoned meat, fluffy potatoes, heaps of cheese, and your favorite taco toppings like lettuce, salsa, and peppers. The question is, what will you top your Potaco with?
|For The Recipe:|
|2 tbsp. (30 ml)||Neutral flavored oil Salt to taste|
|2 lb. (1 kg) ||Ground beef|
|3 tsp. (6 g)||Chili powder|
|2 tsp. (2 g)||Oregano|
|2 tsp. (2 g)||Cumin|
|1 tsp. (1 g)||Garlic powder|
|1 tsp. (1 g)||Onion powder|
|Salt to taste|
|2 cups (226 g)||Cheese, shredded, Manchego, oxaca or cotija|
|Kosmos Tacos Seasoning (Optional)|
- Preheat the barbecue to around 425°F.
- While the barbecue is heating, clean the outside of the potatoes then brush with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake on the warming rack of the barbecue, or by using indirect heat, for 60 minutes or until a skewer or fork meets no resistance when inserted into the flesh.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare your toppings and keep cold until ready to serve. In a bowl, combine the chili, oregano, cumin, garlic, onion powder, and salt to taste.
- Cook the ground beef either using the stovetop or on a griddle on your barbecue. Once beginning to brown, season with the spice mixture. Drain and keep warm.
- Once cooked through, split the potatoes open. Top with some shredded cheese, allowing it to melt before topping the potatoes with the meat and more cheese.
- Serve your potacos with your favorite toppings like sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
Potacos are a fun new way to eat tacos. They’re not quite as portable as a traditional shelled one, but they are certainly delicious and easy to make. Try this recipe the next time you go camping or have a party. Everyone will love customizing their own Potaco. Also. It’s fun to say. How do you dress your Potacos? Or do you prefer a more traditional jacket potato? Share your best stuffed potato recipes and photos on our social pages like Facebook and Instagram and tag us @capital_bbq.
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH