SAUCY SMOKED PORK BELLY MORSELS
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON NAPOLEON BY ANDREA ALDEN
You know what Double Smoked Brisket Points are. I have yet to make them (they’re on the list I swear!) However I happened to have a butt load – this is an actual unit of measurement – of pork belly waiting for me to turn it into something incredibly delicious. These Saucy Smoked Pork Belly Morsels are so incredible; I am seriously salivating while I type this! Crispy, smoky, tender, flavorful, saucy, there is literally nothing these morsels of meat are not.
(Includes Marinating time)
|For The Recipe:|
|4 lbs. (at least)||Pork belly, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1/4 Cup||Your favorite BBQ rub (We recommend Blues Hog Smokey Mountain)|
|3||Wire rack that fits inside the grill/smoker|
|1 Bag||Apple or Maple wood chips (or both)|
|1 Cup||Your favorite BBQ sauce (We recommend Blues Hog Smokey Mountain)|
|2 Tbsp.||Brown Sugar|
- Slice your pork belly into cubes no smaller than 1-inch, but not much bigger either. Coat each cube with your favorite BBQ rub. We used Blues Hog Smokey Mountain BBQ Sauce, but you can try any of our sauces or use your favorite.
- Use a charcoal chimney starter to light a full load of charcoal. Once it’s ready, preheat your smoker to 230°F by spreading the coals out in a single layer on one side of the smoker’s charcoal tray. If you are using a kettle grill, make sure that there is some space between the heat source and the pork belly.
- Place the pork belly onto a wire rack. This is so that the small chunks of pork belly don’t fall through the grids. Lay the pork belly out in a single layer with a little space between each chunk. Add the wood chips to the lit coals and smoke for 2 hours or until the pork belly has a lovely bark and deep reddish color. You will need to add wood chips periodically but shouldn’t need to add more charcoal.
- Once smoked sufficiently, transfer the pork belly chunks to a foil pan or baking pan. Add the BBQ sauce, butter, honey, and brown sugar. Cover the top with foil and return to the smoker for another hour to hour and a half, until the internal temperature of the pork belly chunks has reached 200°F.
- Uncover and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens to a sweet and sticky consistency.
- Serve the Saucy Smoked Pork Belly Morsels as a little nibbly appetizer at parties, nestled in thick and pillowy flatbreads, or as a side to a large and luscious salad.
- Serve with scallion sour cream, smoked salmon and capers.
You can also use your gas grill to make this delicious BBQ recipe by using the Napoleon Stainless Steel Smoker Tube placed over a single lit burner. Place a baking sheet on the sear plates under the seasoned pork belly chunks. Use indirect heat, and remember to use a wire rack to ensure that the pork belly doesn’t fall through the cooking grids.
You guys! These Saucy Smoked Pork Belly Morsels are so yuuuummmmmyyyy!!! Skip chocolate, you could have a few of these and feel so much better about just about anything! If you are a fan of Double Smoked Brisket Points, you will definitely fall in love with Saucy Smoked Pork Belly Morsels. What is your favorite use for the belly?
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH