SHRIMP COCKTAIL WITH HARISSA COCKTAIL SAUCE
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON BROIL KING
This is our mother's signature salad. The recipe was created at the Walper Hotel in Kitchener, which was owned and operated for many years by Mom's grandfather, father, and brother. This is definitely a family favourite!
|For The Recipe:|
|2 lbs.||Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on|
|2 Cloves||Garlic, minced|
|A squeeze of lemon|
|A drizzle of oil with a high smoke point, like rice bran, canola, or grapeseed|
|Dash of salt & pepper|
|A handful of parsley, chopped|
|For Harissa Cocktail Sauce|
|2 Tbsps.||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp.||Grated zest|
|1 ½ \Tbsps.||Harissa|
|½ Tbsp||Tamari or Soy Sauce|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
- Marinate shrimp with garlic, lemon, oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients for cocktail sauce and portion out into a small serving bowl.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread shrimp onto Broil King’s Dual Prong Skewers and set aside until the grill is preheated.
- Grill skewered shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely charred and just cooked through.
- Simultaneously, grill lemon halves until grill marks form, about the same amount of time.
- Transfer skewers onto a platter and serve with harissa cocktail sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley.