SPICY BACON WRAPPED GRILLED CHICKEN SKEWERS
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON TRAEGER GRILLS
Bacon deliciously enriches every dish and spicy chicken skewered and grilled to tender perfection is no exception.
3 Hours (Marinating time incl.)
|For The Recipe:|
|7/8 Tsp.||Garlic Powder|
|3 1/3 Tbsp.||Chile Sauce|
|7/8 Tsp.||Dried Oregano|
|26 2/3 Ounce||Chicken Breast, cubed|
|1 2/3||Whole red onion, sliced|
|1 2/3||Whole green bell peppers, sliced|
|13 1/3 Strips||Bacon, sliced|
- In a large bowl, mix together ranch, garlic powder, oregano, and chile sauce. Add in cubed chicken, tossing to thoroughly coat. Allow the chicken to marinate in fridge for 1 to 3 hours.
- When ready to cook, set temperature to High and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Begin assembling Traeger skewers: slide on a wedge of onion, a pepper, a slice of bacon, and chicken. Continue to alternate bacon and chicken, so the bacon weaves around the chicken pieces. Finish off each skewer with a pepper and onion wedge. Be sure to not overcrowd skewer, to allow faster and even cooking. Repeat with all skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill grate, keeping a piece of foil under the end of the skewers to prevent them from burning and to make turning them easier.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes per side, doing a quarter-turn each time, for a total of 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉. Remove skewers. Enjoy!