TANDOORI CHICKEN WITH MINT-CHILLI YOGHURT
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON WEBER
|For The Recipe:|
|6||Chicken thighs; bone-in, skin-on, deep slashes into the meat|
|For the Mint-Chilli Yoghurt sauce|
|1/2 Cup||Plain Yogurt|
|1 Tbsp.||Olive Oil|
|2 Tbsp.||Chili Sauce|
|1 Tsp.||Fresh Garlic|
|6-10||(Mint leaves hand-torn)|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
|For the Marinade|
|3/4 Cup||Plain yogurt|
|2 Tbsp.||Garam Masala|
|1/2 Tbsp.||Dried Ginger|
|1/2 Tbsp.||Chili powder (Cayenne powder)|
|1 Tbsp.||Kosher salt|
|1½ Tbsp.||Dried Fenugreek leaves|
|1/2 Tsp.||Dried Fenugreek leaves|
|1/2 Tsp.||Grated Nutmeg|
|1 Tbsp.||Fresh ginger|
|1 Tbsp.||Fresh Garlic|
|1||Lime, juice and zest|
|1 Tbsp.||Paprika (for traditional colour)|
|2 Tbsp.||Cilantro, chopped|
|Instant-read thermometer (Broil King thermometer included below)|
- Best to marinate the chicken and make the yogurt sauce 24 hours before grilling to maximize flavour.
- Combine all the yogurt sauce ingredients in a bowl. Cover and leave in fridge until ready to serve.
- Cut 2-3 deep slashes through the chicken meat to the bone, allowing the marinade to penetrate the meat.
- In a bowl combine all the marinade ingredients except the cilantro which is reserved for garnish. Thoroughly mix and add chicken, making sure to fully cover all the meat with the marinade.
- Place in fridge for 24 hours for best results but a couple hours will do if necessary.
- Prepare the grill (charcoal preferable) for direct and indirect cooking over medium heat (325° to 375°F).
- Start grilling chicken over direct heat for 2-3 minutes per side then move to the indirect side of the grill to finish cooking. Using a thermometer, check for ideal temperature of 165°F. Once the temperature has been reached remove the chicken and rest under loose foil for 5 minutes before garnishing and serving with Mint-Chili Yogurt sauce.
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH