WILD TURKEY SOUTHWEST EGG ROLLS
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON TRAEGER BY JEREMIAH DOUGHTY
You'll go wild for this Southwestern take on egg rolls. Wild turkey meets a corn, black bean, and pepper mix, then gets wrapped in a thin and crispy shell for the perfect unexpected appetizer.
|For The Recipe:|
|As Needed extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/2 Cup||White onion, chopped|
|1 Whole||Poblano Pepper, chopped|
|4 Clove||Garlic, Minced|
|1 Can||Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies|
|1/2 Cup||Black Beans|
|2 Cups||Leftover Wild Turkey Meat|
|3 Tbsp.||Taco Seasoning, dry|
|12 Whole||Egg Roll Wrappers|
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat on the stove over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and sauté 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds, then add Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies with black beans. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Pour taco seasoning over meat and add 1/3 cup of water and mix to coat well. Add to veggie mixture and stir to mix well. If it seems dry, add 2 tbsp water. Cook until heated all the way through.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to the fridge. The mixture should be completely cooled prior to stuffing the egg rolls or the wrappers will break.
- Place spoonful of the mixture in each wrapper and wrap tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to High and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Brush each egg roll with oil or butter and place directly on the Traeger grill grate. Cook until the exterior is crispy, about 10 min per side. (Keep watching them to avoid burning).
- Remove from Traeger and cool. Serve. Enjoy!
MAKE THIS RECIPE EASILY WITH